Thursday

Gotta say Something!

Just feel like I should say something today, even if it's not much. Got together with another mom this afternoon, and was reminded about the value of sharing our story. 'Cause parenting can sometimes be the most guilt-ridden, confidence-shattering, sleep-depriving, and tumultuous road. And we need to know that someone has walked that road before us and will even walk beside us if need be.

I think I need to have people over more. I have never been much of an "inviter". If we have people over, it's usually because Rod has invited them. Maybe this is my next skill to develop!

I think I need to get out more too. With my hubby and by myself. I just have to solve the babysitting dilemma.

Had my first midwife appointment this week. Didn't get to hear the baby's heartbeat. I don't know why, but this time around, I'm generally more fearful about my baby's health. So, I sure hope I hear it in two weeks. And hopefully, the baby isn't a week later, because that puts him/her even closer to Christmas.

Anyways, I should really go.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Speaking as a mom of a Dec. 23rd baby... it's not so bad. Christmas takes on a whole new energy. I was nice to have Audrey at home too because it was so cold and snowy out. We didn't leave for days! I did miss Christmas eve service at church, but family came to us and did all the "work"!
On another note, I'm not much of an inviter either. I just get wrapped up in the craziness of life and forget to add fun stuff like friends. A skill I too will look to develop... Want to come over? :-)
Hey, who's your Midwife this time?