Saturday

Concert in Celebration

Photo by Rodney S. Braun
I am excited to announce my next concert celebrating the release of my very first recording and my 40th birthday.

I wrote the song, "This is Jesus" six months after writing a newspaper column at Easter, where I looked at how well Jesus would have fit in to the North End.  On the one hand, he was a lot like the immigrants, living a hard-working simple life.  On the other, he had a lot in common with those who have been unjustly treated and those in trouble with the law.   He would have been welcome here as he cared for the lonely, the hungry and the sick.  He was one of us.

The recording was supposed to come out at Easter, but various factors prevented that.  I was wondering when it would work to have a concert and feeling discouraged.  My husband was also wondering what to do for my 40th birthday.  Suddenly, the ideas collided in my brain and this celebration concert came into being.

I would so love to see as many friends as possible out.  Those I've met as a woman business owner, through Rod's art projects, through our business, at church, through Toastmasters, and all the various other ways.  I love bringing people together.  Please note, that although I'm celebrating my birthday, anyone can come.  I don't have to know you, and I would love to meet you.  Bring a friend!  The concert will consist of songs I've written over the past two decades, connecting my life and faith.  I'm not preachy--I simply share what I've experienced.

Some titles include:

"Fearfully and Wonderfully Made"
"Beauty, Hope, Truth and Love"
"Ever Wonder"

Details:

Sunday, July 7
7:00 p.m.
Flatlanders' Studio
3rd floor, 782 Main Street
(Winnipeg Centre Vineyard Church)

Free Admission
(Bring your favourite munchies if you can)




No comments: