Wednesday

What's new

I confess, I have not been very intentional about blogging or having an online presence. I've been caught up with life in the real world. Tonight, I am home with kids in bed and hubby out photographing to help someone's fringe show publicity. I ventured onto my blog and made the shocking discovery that my last post was in December!  I thought I should probably bring this blog into 2013, seeing as it will soon be half over. Some highlights from the year so far:
1. MC'ing an art show opening which shed light on learning to live together well as First Peoples and settlers in this land. It was beautiful and thought-provoking, and I was honoured to be part of it. 2. Recording a song I wrote in a real studio with professional musicians. The project is not completed yet, but it's been a fun journey so far. 3. Doing a mini-concert at my church's drop-in, complete with chocolate egg centre-pieces and homemade jellybean Easter baskets. 4. Playing a classical arrangement of the hymn "It is Well With My Soul" for my aunt's funeral. Although losing one of my favourite aunts was definitely not a highlight, I felt so close to her as I played and was happy to do it in her honour. 5. Trying to make the most of the time my husband and I have together while he is around and the kids are away. We've taken up biking. 6. Finally did another speech in Toastmasters--my first with PowerPoint. (Two more to go before summer).
These days I am longing to catch up on a few things, get rid of clutter that is driving me crazy, and treat the last stretch of school as if it were already summer. It's a little tricky.

Today, we went for a short convertible ride, played basketball, jumped on the trampoline, and had our first wiener roast of the season. I felt so alive.  What a welcome feeling to one whose life was feeling really hard yesterday.

It's great to be alive!

No comments: