Saturday

End of Summer Feast

My eldest suggested we have a "feast" today. I remembered there was a farmer's market at PineRidge Hollow this morning, so off we went . Picked up the sweetest corn on the cob ever, some carrots, and some "natural" farmer sausage from Matheson's farm. If the potatoes I bought earlier were local, we had a "Made in Manitoba" meal. Yummy. The highlight of today was Rod pulling me over to one of the stalls, pulling out a twenty and telling me to pick out a necklace. I wasn't sure which one I liked best, so he ended up picking out a winner: black cord, polished black stone with white swirls and two silver beads on either side. I love it! I haven't really worn jewellery since having children, so it was extra special. My youngest still wants to yank on it, but hopefully the novelty will wear off quickly and he'll ignore it.

The farmer's market runs every Saturday from 9-1 until September 20th. It's a bit of a drive, but I thought it was totally worth it.

2 comments:

Lani - the flowerlady said...

sounds very yummy. how are you anyway? vehicle issues resolved yet? hope Rod is doing well and recovering from the accident. love you tons!

Jess Ehlers said...

Hi Sonya,

Thank you for your comment! I have been on Eve Studio website, and I think it's a really neat idea - I could have certainly used some extra confidence for wedding pictures! I would love to keep up with your business - I know that you're filling a unique market - where does Eve Studio advertise?

Jessica