Saturday

God is so Neat!

For those of you who were not at church on Sunday, I'd like to recount a cool story of God at work. One of our pastors led us in a "prophetic clinic"...basically calling up four people at a time and asking us to listen to God and tell them what comforting, encouraging, or strengthening words He had for them.

First, four men volunteered. I was amazed at the variety of things that were spoken to them and the way they were moved, and the similar themes that would be repeated for each one. I sat there, completely blank, wishing I could hear God, too.

Then, four women came up. I was pretty discouraged and longed to hear something for them. All I could see of the one girl from where I sat was her cyan-blue scarf. I thought it was interesting that the guy who had sat in the same chair also had a striking scarf on, which became the theme of a lot of the encouragements. So, I decided to ask God if there was something about her scarf. The colour made me think of the sky and the verse from the Psalms came to mind: "Your love O Lord, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness stretches to the skies". I didn't have my Bible with me so I turned around to the stranger I had whispered a question to earlier in the morning and asked if I could borrow her Bible. It fell open to a bookmarked place in the Psalms. I could not for the life of me remember the reference for the other verse, but I noticed a bunch of verses in Psalm 37 were highlighted in the exact same shade of blue as her scarf!! I couldn't discern any specific ones, so I read them all.

I didn't get a chance to talk to the girl afterwards but I was quite confident they were for her. This was cofirmed to me when someone told me they had gone to Psalm 37 as well.

This whole experience not only spoke to me of God's knowledge and care for each of those up front, but also for me. He knew how to get my attention and gave me very clear signposts to guide me to the right Scripture. What a neat God!

No comments: