Wednesday

Testing

"Because we know that the testing of our faith produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope." Is that in James?

We had an offer on our house that difficult to accept, but hard to pass up. We went for it with disappointment in our hearts, but trust in God to provide. Today, our buyer decided to use one of the conditions to back out of the deal. There are lots of interested prospects still. We are now out of the house as a result of the offer and my parents offer to help (they just finished harvest and decided to come east). Enjoying the new place, missing our neighbours, losing it occasionally in the midst of chaos and low blood sugar...

I have a confession to make. I could not for the life of me, find one of my boxes...one with a bunch of food and all my spices. I had come to the conclusion that it had been stolen right out of my dad's van during unloading and had even published that on my blog. It turns out it wasn't a box...it was a tote that was sitting in the basement with an old label on it. The lost has been found! I'm sorry, North End for so quickly assuming you were responsible.

On another note, I took a walk to the Redwood Bridge to relieve some stress and get out by myself after supper. It was a beautiful evening. The reflection of the trees in the water was amazing. I really had to stop and look though to notice...to make my eye see what was really there. I'm quite excited to live so close to the river, a few shops, and my friends across the river. Makes up for all the fire engines! And my dad tuned the piano he and Rod sacrificed their bodies for the previous day. I can hardly wait to play it! I can also hardly wait for when I'm not so beat by the end of the day that I can actually get at my basement painting project.

That's it for now.

1 comment:

Lani - the flowerlady said...

OH yes, do I remember those verses. I clung to them through our hairy housing happenings like a dying woman!

Close to a river, eh? That sounds nice.

Glad to know your life is 'spicey' once again!!

Love you...