Monday

It's a New Year!

Maybe I'm a bit slow, but I've been preoccupied with sickness. I love a fresh start. Rachel's getting out of the newborn phase and now I can start to develop some new habits and routines. I'm asking God for a new attitude about structure and neatness. Somewhere along the line I've equated that with dull, boring, and no fun. But beauty and order are what God's about. And creativity.

So God, do a new thing in me. Create in me a clean heart...and around me a clean house, that the most precious people in my life may enjoy living here and that I may enjoy a guilt-free, joy-filled spirit. Amen. (I trust that this will only bring me more freedom and creativity and not less).

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

That is such a good way of looking at it! God totally is about beauty and creativity! Lord, would you bless this desire in Sonya's heart! Create in me, too, a clean heart that I would not lean on my own understanding! Sonya, you are such a blessing and you have a lovely house with amazing people to fill it!

Cindy said...

Does this mean you'll be checking out the flylady site? www.flylady.net